Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Twelfth Day of Christ*&^%$

On the Twelfth Day of Christ*&^%$, Tiz reveals to you...

I’ve been hit by a car…twice. The first time it was the up-on-the-hood, hit-the-windshield, slam-the-ground kind of being hit by a car. I was fine.

I may have committed a felony. If I’m not sure, it doesn’t count, right?

As an undergrad at Yale, I was the honorary female member of an all male singing group. I have never been treated better. They are very dear to me.

I tripped a blind guy…accidentally.

I had such a crush on Robert Redford that I would feign sickness and miss school to watch his movies. Because of this it was thought I was a sickly child.

I have not had a cold this year.

I’ve only had the flu once and I’ve never had the flu shot.

I don’t think I brushed my teeth more than ten times total as a kid. I brush more now. I still don’t have any cavities.

I make fun of them but I loved my princess years.

I think red shoes go with everything.

I had my first cup of coffee in something like twenty years today. Please note the time of this post. There's a reason I don’t drink coffee.

I’ve really loved doing this and I’m surprised and honored by the number of people who’ve been checking in. If thirteen peeps write to me today, I will do The Thirteen Days of Christ*&^%$. If not, that’s grand too. I'm easy. It has been a strange, strange joy and a miraculous learning experience.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been hit by a car.

    I did fly over the handlbars of my banana bike and broke my left arm in the summer of 73.

    Thought I would end things once by speeding down a road on ice, hitting the breaks and closing my eyes. The car abruptly stopped when the car slammed sideways into the curb. Then I slowly drove home.

    Stole candy from the Sunshine Dairy and ate it in the library. Never got caught but had looks of disgust.

    Used to bring poly wogs home and kept them in a tub on the back porch until they became frogs and then had to bring them back to Hummers Pond.

    Got really tanked after a rugby game, wandered away from campus, through a corn field and ended up at a nice couples house who drove me back to campus. One of many unfortunate drinking stories.....

    Used to plan to get in trouble at the same time as Joanne Kearney,(our classrooms were across the hall from one another) at Island Ave so we could hang out in the hall together. It took the teachers a while to figure it out.

    Used to bring a change of clothes to school ad change in the locker room because my mother wouldn't let me wear jeans.

    Started my college degree at 18 and finished at 30. It was a long treacherous road. Lots of "practical" experience.

    I met the love of my life at an AA convention in Provincetown. THAT was exciting.

    16yrs later, we're still together and I haven't had a drink in 17 yrs. Very cool.

    When I wonder what my kids would have looked like, I look at pics of my neice carol and there i am! And she's a nice girl to boot.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WIN! BETH WINS! WHATTAYA WANT BETH? YOU WIN FOR STICK-TO-IT-IVENESS AND BRAVERY!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory