Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On the Ninth Day of Christ*&^%$

On the Ninth Day of Christ*&^%$, Tiz reveals to you...

I once dated a guy who said he could prove that Hitler didn't know about the gas chambers.

I once dated a guy whose kids killed a kitten. Oh God, not
under my watch.

I once dated a guy who attempted back door maneuvers with no prep or reconnaissance.

I once dated a guy who lied about everything. Really. It was kind of amazing.

It's all the same guy. I don't date him anymore.

Just because I've forgiven you doesn't mean we're going to
engage. It just means I've forgiven you...and more
importantly, myself.

Every year for the past few I've learned a new skill. Last
year's was tap-dancing--I am now an advanced beginner.
This year's is ukulele--I have approximately ten songs in my
repertoire

I have a Wise Old Man Friend. He was my therapist years
ago. When my dad died he figured he could serve me best
by becoming my Wise Old Man Friend. We have lunch.

Until my friend killed himself I thought I carried a lot more
responsibility than I actually do. When my Wise Old Man
Friend explained how I was not responsible for Terry's
death he also explained how I was not responsible for
world hunger either. This has been a load off my mind...
and my shoulders.


2 comments:

  1. Wish I had a wise old man friend

    Today, I'm not the center of the universe

    My first and only boyfriend ended up collecting fish, minerals, broke off 3 engagements and joined the church.

    Was dropped off at the house of the first woman I dated (apparently my friends were trying to tell me something)

    I was hit with the androgeny stick at the age of 10

    My first love was Karen Carpenter at the drums

    Wish I could play the drums

    Slept with men in college looking for the "spark."

    Got tape in my stocking one year for Christmas and was really happy about it. Was happy about the piano lessons too until my little sister turned out to be better at it than I was.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts are better than an advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory