Sunday, December 23, 2012

On the Twenty-Third Day of Christ*&^%$


On the Twenty-Third Day of Christ*&^%$

I may have finally learned to listen to who people say they are (through words and actions), hear them and believe them.

I used to believe people were who I wished them to be.

I used to believe people were who they wished themselves to be.

These were not easy lessons for me to learn.

I found myself in a bar the other night and everywhere I looked were people I loved.

I found myself in a bar the other night and everywhere I looked were people who loved me.

Everywhere I looked, our backs were covered.

I just maybe mighta been thrown out of that bar.

I, of course, went all limp and smiley.

I have saved for MANY years for a present to myself.

I hope to be able to give myself this present soon.

I am trying not to become desperately anxious about this present.

Despite the fact I'm singing in church, I can't say all of that "I have sinned and I am not worthy" stuff.  Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm beginning to own my own talent.

I had a major casting director recently say I was like Sally Field on camera with an innate sweetness...

To which I responded, "Me?  Well, YAY ME!"

Nothing I like less than a humble brag.

Wait...there is something...a colleague who hangs her panties from the shelf at my eye level.  THAT I like less.

And noisy gum popping.  GAH!

And misplacing my keys constantly.

I've recently started cheering myself by saying, "YAY ME" when I leave my keys in the right place.

Not much I like more than the smell of a warm dog.

To be exact, MY warm dog.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory