Monday, September 14, 2009

New School, Part Two

Yup…a gig. There’s a GIG. My career is momentarily out of the Entertainium…woo freaking hoo. Just a week long engagement though, so don’t relax yet. Don’t think I’ve got it made. I am not Maid in Manhattan.

Sweet Jesus, wasn’t that an awful movie? If you haven’t seen it, run, don’t walk away. Bluugh.*

But again, new school. And this time I know absolutely nobody. Okay, I know the principal (and he is my pal…the playwright), and the teacher (the director…it’s been 13 years), but nobody else. No school chum reunion revelry.

I hope I make new friends. I just may make a chocolate chip cookie pie to buy them off so I don’t get stuffed in a locker…again.

Plus, I’m already the trouble-maker, asking for time off before we even get started, so my reputation proceeds me…as reputations do. Just like 4th grade. 4th grade where I was determined not to cry every day in school as I had in grades 1, 2 and 3…and kindergarten. 4th grade where that determination was blown to smithereens the very first day. The very first day of 4th grade when Ms. Obre looked at me and said, “Oh, you’re the crybaby. I’ve heard about you."

Beyotch.

Her own dog later bit off her nose. I think she had it coming.

Oh, and remember, I look like this…






so making friends ain’t gonna be easy. (Perhaps my looking like this is why my career is slowly circling the Entertainium.)

Wish me luck, would you?

Tonsoflove,
Me


*I also really dislike the movie Love, Actually. Many people dislike me for this...dislike. And will probably...dislike me even more now that I have lumped the two movies together.


4 comments:

  1. All the best always, Sweetie -- I know you'll knock 'em dead :-D!!!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the two films you mentioned, probably for the same reasons -- anal script and banal acting. Like most of the films that come out of Tinseltown today. My favourite films are all silent -- that was a true art form.

    Oh, another one to add to your list should be Sleepless in Seattle -- Yawn! should be called Comatose in Seattle ;-D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. g - nice use of anal and banal...well done!

    i actually like THAT movie...it's sweet and employs AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER (one of my favs) well.

    perhaps...COMATOSE IN TACOMA? TACOMATOSE?

    p.s. MinM is truly awful while LA is a rather good film...that pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory