Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Full Frontal Circle



At some point, I’m sure I flogged the blog about a break-up.* I was probably trying to be discreet as I had no interest in dissing the Wanker...but I was hurt and heartbroken and the break-up was inevitable and stupid and blah blah blah I was even boring myself. Not the best way to arrive in St. Louis, the land that finds my performance “disgusting.”

Right back atcha, St. Louis.

I had dinner with the Wanker the other night. And it was lovely. He only intimated that I was of inferior intelligence once…which was definitely a step-up from our last encounter. And wow, I was definitely no longer in love.

But there was love. And it was surprising. Amazing how sometimes people have to be friends to love one another…adding the other ingredients just turns it all into an indelible, inedible stew (something at which Tizzy excels). I’m pretty sure he knew about the friendship dish before I did, but because he didn't want to be the bad guy, he failed to mention the change in "today's special."

Somebody else please be the bad guy. I’m tired of being the one to scream, “This is fucking inedible.”

But I did and now there’s love.

And as I rode the subway home, this very funky man serenaded me. Last time I had seen him was when I was going on my first date with the Wanker…and he sang about how pretty I was. Of course the Wanker had quipped, “How do you know he was singing to you?”

Who's a pretty girl, Mama?

I am.


Indelible.


*http://tizandass.blogspot.com/2009/06/ass-and-order.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory