Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gratitude

Grateful am I that I went to see La Binoche dance in a piece she co-created with dance partner and choreographer Akram Khan. I can’t explain it…the loveliness of it. And the fact that in the program she is so grateful. And that gratitude shows onstage.

Onstage where she dances. From everything I read, she did not dance before IN-i. Onstage where she sings. She was definitely not known as a singer before this. Is she a singer? Is she a dancer? I don’t know. Why label? Labels are sticky. I know she’s doing something fluidly different at the age of 45 and abandons herself to it. And I know that it moved me to pieces.

Let’s all be so daring. Every day.

Much better than the boob tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory