Thursday, December 17, 2015

On the 17th DaY of TiZmas


On the 17th DaY of TiZmas, TiZ reveals to you...

17 amazeball things about HAMILTON


I can't say it lived up to the hype.  It is in no way, shape or form, HYPE. It's the real deal...redefined.

That a 3 1/2 month wait was worth it.

Classic form storytelling filled with chewy, gooey goodness.


Different popular song styles telling different people's stories...but with the same, extraordinary composer thread tying it together.

One of the best "I want" songs ever.

LMM - thank you thank you thank you, you scrappy angel.

Brit pop...where is Davey Jones when you don't need him because you got Groff.

Choreography that offered place, emotion, battles, scene shifts...kinda everything.


100% completely committed performances...including one of the best dancer/storytellers I've ever seen -- Betsy Struxness.  I don't know her and I don't know dance but I know I want to see her do it some more.

Stillness.

Time warps and stops and travels.

Beautifully thought out shadow casting.  (Shadow casting is what I call one person playing two different parts...and when the second part bears some relevance to the earlier, especially in this case, it's yummy.)

Diction. In a show (and a character) greatly about language, I didn't miss a drop...or even a mic drop.

Universal themes and emotions that are so specific but not specific to the time...like discovering that FOMO has seemingly always been around and perhaps the internet and social media just slapped a different moniker on it.

Rap debates.

Earnestness is cool. I'm not sure if it's for the first time or again.  But it is cool.


It exists.


(There's more...but here are the eponymous 17.)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory