Thursday, April 1, 2010

Professional Pet Peeve

Any actor who says, "It's the day of the show, y'all."

Makes me crazy. Whack-a-doodle-doo.

Yes, "Waiting for Guffman" is a funny movie. I admit I hated it the first time I saw it. Thought it was mean-spirited. Almost felt like it was attacking my soul...which says a shite-load more about me than it does about the movie.

And then I saw it again later and liked it. Have even been known to borrow and expound upon the choreography.

But I've never quoted it.

Oh, my theatrical friends, we have to spout other people's lines ALL THE TIME. When on our own time, let's make up our own, okay? We're clever. We're creative. We can connect.

I hereby dub opening night "Stank-Bodine Night." Never met an actor who wasn't gassy on first night.

Krap-a-doodle-doo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory