Saturday, August 8, 2009

Middle Mania

La Gimp Imp sadly knows no middle ground. It’s more like Mega Mania. I am consuming all this supposed “free” time with constructive activity. Seeing theater (instructive and networking (bluuuugh)), going to Beale on Broadway to hear Kim Massie sing (instructive), learning to play the uke (instructive and getting those synapses snapping and making different connections in the ol’ noggin), writing, writing and evermore writing, research (for the writing), baking (gifties for the goodies in my life) and…

doing the equivalent of eight workouts a week in addition to the eight shows a week. I learned this was not a particularly grand idea as I tried to lunge onstage recently and fell on my face instead. Oooops. Audiences strangely love that. A little Schadenfreude, my online Austrian and German friends?


So, I’m not sure if I’m doing the next 24,177,600 minute of my life justice as of yet, but I will hopefully have a rough draft of a theater piece under my belt, as well as 8 songs for this ululating ukulele lady and a tighter tiz and ass by the time I leave St. Lou...returning to the place I love the best...a little older, a little wiser and wicked tired.

I'm 46 years old and just used the word "wicked" as an amplifier. Perhaps I will drop THAT for the next 24,177,600 minutes. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. When used judiciously, "wicked" is a perfectly appropriate modifier, at any age.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory