Thursday, August 13, 2009

Audience Participation

More like Audience Departation.

I had a new experience in the theater. It's taken 16 years for this to happen but for the first time in my career someone left in the middle of my number. In fact, a slew of people left in the middle of my number.

Say it isn't so.

So.

1% of the audience...gone.

I, of course, did not handle it particularly gracefully. I supposedly eagle-eyed the four of them all the way from their seats third row center, across the ten people they highly inconvenienced and back the 8 rows it took to exit. I do remember waving. During the "curtain call" immediately post-number I pointed out the empty seats to the rest of the audience...just in case they hadn't noticed which would have been comparable to missing the Hindenburgh exploding.

Bemused. Confused. What could I have done? Was I pitchy? Did I rip one after my delicious Mexican meal? I know I remembered all my lines which is not a given. Did I fuck their dog? What did I do?

My dear Sun declared that I broke the show.

Post broken-show I went to the front-of-house staff and asked if the Fleeing Four had said anything as they took their leave of our little world. For the sake of mankind, I was hoping there had been a family emergency.

Nope.

What had they repeated loudly as they went through our home and back to their's?

"DISgusting."

I believe my work here is done.

VICTORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory