Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Update

Okey dokey. So the birthday didn't go quite as planned. Nothing ever does, does it? So, why do we plan at all? Dash it all, expectations are a nuisance.

There was more to the day than I thought...a 2 hour put-in rehearsal and an unfortunate phone call. Suffice it to say, this is not a good summer for parents. Really...suffice it. That's all I'm saying.

There were many cakes. Three to be exact. All of them delicious. Three because there were three birthdays to be exact--including my leading man and director. Thank GOD I learned to share.

Ohhh...and cookies from dear friend Robert who never forgets. Never. And because he knows of the possible sharing issue, he always packs extras for friends. Always.

Lest I forget, let me mention the joy of Facebook on birthdays. I was called "sweet," I was called "gorgeous," I was called "beautiful," "lovely." "talented," "sistah," "my love" and other equally wonderful endearments and their variations by no less than 110 friends. Wondrous. And I thank them all. It made me feel special and remembered and not quite so lost for a while.

And Sonic was a tonic. A treat of an introduction from my roomie--let's call her Windy. More on her later. And in case you were wondering, the Cherry Limeade is to die for...especially when delivered by a girl on roller skates. it's happening.

City Museum? Did NOT happen. The joyous 7-story slide ride has to be shelved for a couple of weeks. But it will happen. Oh, yes it will.

And it's replacement birthday event? A special viewing of "The Room," which is considered to be the "Citizen Kane" of bad flicks. It will have its own blog entry. It must. It's too important and just may replace "Switchblade Sisters" as my favorite deliciously awful groovy movie.

And last but not least, there was alcohol. Blessed alcohol. I love alcohol.

Don't you?

1 comment:

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory