Friday, November 13, 2009

Vacay in the Countray

So, as I made clear in Vacay in the Citay I rarely take time off. Whether it's because I could get used to it, or because I really suck at it, I'm not so sure.



But it's time...



Due to an unfortunate incident next door* there has been omnipresent banging for the past week. No, you gutterheads, not that kind. That I could bear. Construction banging. ALL day. Freaking exhausting and demoralizing especially when one is spending most of one's time working from one's home. (I just watched my favorite movie, My Man Godfrey, and Carole Lombard has a whole "one" sequence I ab ad. Sorry. And sorry for the "ab ad.")



So off to my bro's home I go for two days. Oh, to you this might not sound like a vacation but it's three thousand square feet of heaven. Sun room. Steam room. Jacuzzi. Fireplaces. Firepit. Flat screen TV. And last but definitely not least...R-Lee the Wonder Dog.



R-Lee is a failed canine companion who was sent to my brother's in shame. And she has lived shamefully ever since. A blonde Lab who we believe looks in the mirror and sees a pampered, jewel-bedecked leggy blonde babe. Hell, half the time I look at her and I see that as well. And she is sweet beyond words. When I arrived at the door she makes me believe I am the only person on the face of the earth. When I sit, she comes up, presses her heart to mine and then wiggle waggles her tail off. Me too. At night, she curls up like a pea in bed with me.



Sometimes she farts. I try to look/inhale beyond that.



So, off I go into the wild blue yonder...with Jeanette Winterson's Sexing the Cherry, my ukulele and My Man Godfrey. I hope R-Lee enjoys them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory