Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead...

...is a phrase I have employed on numerous occasions.

I also believe it is a phrase I should retire at the tender, blossoming age of 47...JUST BECAUSE OF THE WAY I LOOK WHEN I FOLLOW THAT MAXIM.

I look like death. Not even warmed over. Cold, slimy, limp death... a touch dehydrated.

Don't know WHY I was tired. 8 shows in 5 days, followed by a drive to Phoenix, immediately followed by a drive and 37 hours in Vegas, immediately followed by a drive back to Phoenix in a HAIL STORM, immediately followed by a meet and greet, followed by shopping, followed by a 10 out of 12 and then followed by 6 performances (and 6 workouts) in 4 days, including an opening night party that included an after party that included swimming at 2 am. I probably would have been fine if I hadn't then somewhat moderated a talk back with some glorious senior citizen. (There were no mics so the poor press kid didn't stand a chance with the surly seniors.) I believe THAT is when I shot my wad.

Because I fell asleep onstage the final performance of the week.

Honest to Jesus, "Who am I? Where am I? Is this a book musical?" sleep.

And then I slept and watched movies and re-runs of Law and Order, SVU for 48 hours.

Today I feel pretty good. I died and I slept. Today I am living. We'll see how the rest of this week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory