Saturday, February 13, 2010

TiZ SuckS AsS

or "The Slaggy Blogger."

You know you're a bad blogger when the Pajama King writes and asks, "What up? Where you been?"

Well...I've been in "Out of My Elementville."

Auditions allllll week for stuff I'm not really appropriate for...bitch. (Could NOT end that sentence with a prepostion.) At least I'm learning to ask questions of the right people. Okay...let's adjust that. At least I'm learning to ask questions. Not my forte. Always just assumed I was stupid and any question asked would be stupid.

Learning not to care. And the right people are being so generous in their responses.

Committee work at one of my unions...where everyone DOES knows more than I do. So I listen. And judge. I'm really good at the latter. Sometimes I question...as long as time spent formulating the question does not take away from time spent listening. The judging just comes naturally. Nooooo time at all.

Learning not to care, in that "I care" kinda way.

Continuing to edit a scene shot at the Pajama King's offices. iMovie and Audacity (and the PJ King) are awesomer than I am and the learning curve is steep.

I care...

Inviting four friends over to listen to a play I wrote. I like to call it T.O.M.B. Guess what it's an acronym for...Bitch. If you don't know...guess. If you DO know... STFU. (Although that "U" is a potential preposition, I am leaving the bitch off...Bitch.)

A lovely evening but traumatic. I rarely have peeps to my flat. It's my sanctuary. My safe place. People leave bits and pieces of themselves wherever they go...so I'm very careful.

There were supposed to be more people but weather and...well...life got in the way. The four perfect people showed up at the perfect time. All performers (at one time), some writers, one director, all with exquisite taste and hearts of gold.

And not one knew the other.

Now, people have read my writing. (Like right now.) And one of the friends in the room has read the play. But I've never been in the presence of anyone as they read my shit. And reading it in front of them?

AAAAAAAAAAAAH! Poopy pants had I.

And to make sure I wasn't wasting anyone's time with my poopy-pants self, there were four bottles of wine, beer, stinky meats and cheeses and I made a chocolate chip cookie pie. And TaB. There was TaB.

I cleaned my apartment.

Other than cleaning my apartment, why do I do this? No one ate. I'm down half a bottle of wine, one beer and two TaBs.

I'm "UP" so much. Knowledge of T.O.M.B, of relationship, of jovial yet passionate debate...that I have the right director. Knowledge of the reality of true friendship...which I'm honored to learn about more and more often. You all aren't gonna let me go to my grave without that knowledge, are you?

And I'm "UP" questions. Questions asked of me and questions I'm asking myself.

But today, there will be no learning...except passively. Today I rest.** I rest in the knowledge of all I learned in "Out of My Elementville."

And that a few of the right bits and pieces left in my mountain aerie sanctuary are a-okay with me.

Stinky meats and cheeses, anyone?

**Sorry for typos and poor writing. Today I rest.

1 comment:

Blog Directory Web Directory Blogging Fusion Blog Directory